Legal Guides for Creatives (Video Course): Understanding Contracts
Visualize a written contract. Did you picture a lengthy document covered in tiny writing that said things like "including but not limited to"? Did you picture yourself anxiously flipping to the last page to sign? Yeah, you're not alone.
It’s every creative person’s dream to launch a business that allows them to get paid for doing what they love to do. But as you probably know by now, it turns out “Creative Entrepreneur” is more “Entrepreneur” than “Creative”.
In this course you will learn the basics of contract formation so you can make the best decisions for you and your business without the overwhelm and intimidation that comes along with the "business side" of running your business.
We will cover:
- Oral vs. written contracts
- What law applies to contracts
- The elements required to form a contract including an in depth look at offer and acceptance
- Special considerations for independent contractors
- The reasons an otherwise valid contract might be unenforceable, and
- The remedies that might be available in a breach of contract situation.
In addition, I will provide you with my top 5 *hot tips* for dealing with contracts in your business...and your life!
If you’re thinking of launching your creative business or you want to take your business to the next level, this course is for you!